Marigolds

Marigolds
Welcome to Adam Wii Art Blog!!!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Adam no Boken


Im really excited for the new Zelda game. So here is a quick sketch of me when I was a little kid as Link, and my first adventure with Link in Hyrule....

I remember getting the first Legend of Zelda at my grandparents place (Over in Schiller Park.) My Mom and Grandma came back from a store and I remember getting the game and an old Felix the Cat doll (I love Felix heh.)

I hooked up the Nintendo in my Grandparents room and started playing. Right from the get go I fell in love. The opening with the sun setting behind the waterfall. The cool looking sword and ivy. I got lost in Hyrule and didnt care one bit.

Naturally as a youngling I wasnt allowed to play all day, so when I had to turn the system off I ran around my Grandparents place using sticks as swords and went off on adventures.

My dad saw how into the game I was and came home from work one night with a wooden sword he had made for me at his job. I was stoked, I had the wooden sword. I needed a shield so I used backpacks, until my Grandpa made me my own wooden shield and an old belt of his for straps.

The main tools complete I then took it to the next level (Of which my sister still likes to remind me heh) I wore an over sized green polo (Nothing underneath but my whitey tighties hehehehe) put a belt over it to hold a pouch for keys and Rupees, and some cowboy boots. I never had a Link style hat so I used a long beanie that I let droop behind me.

From then on ive been a big Zelda fan. 25 years, what a great series.

I am also really lucky to have a loving family to support my weird adventures hahaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment